28 August 2005

Wiki is awsome

Yesterday I was looking at articles on wikipedia. I used to do this when I was a kid too, with the real encyclopedia. It's really interesting. The beauty of wikipedia is that it, if you see something wrong you can change it, but if you don't know anything about the subject you can be confident that someones else made it correct.



So I was thinking, most of the time for classes in which a research paper is required, the paper gets written and then the teacher uses all the papers for a bonfire to roast marshmellows on. Last quarter we came up with the idea of presenting our research papers to our class in a power point to make it seem like less of a waste of time and to get peer review experience. But another good idea, i think since it was my idea, is to have them publish it on wikipedia. It's easy to check up on and measure their progress because each page has a history that anyone can view. And it's out there for peer review. Of course I would require a certain length and depth, and include a bibliography, and that it were either an original or a significant improvement on an existing page.





So, I'm presenting this idea to you all. I might suggest this to my professors next quarter. What do you think?

1 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Actually, I think they were old exams... but, yeah. Still.