13 August 2005

Another week in Loma Linda

I think I need to get a camera. I don't know how to write a post without a picture. I guess I'll need to learn how to be entertaining without pictures because it looks like I'm losing my readership. Or watchership since I've heard that some poeple come here only for the pictures.


How about some highlights from the week.

The jeep turns better the the wagon. Parallel parking is super easy and I can fit into places that would otherwise leave me driving around the block. If I had a picture I would show you.
I paid off one of my credit cards that I had been carrying a balance on for 4 years. That's awsome. I was getting charged $50/month for finance charges. It's just a trick though, I still owe the money but now it's on another card.


Goodbye Nebraska :(
I applied for a California drivers licence. This does not mean that I am Californian or indicate anything about how long I will actually live in California. Unfortunately, it might indicate that I wont be moving back to Nebraska. So, even thought the california licence doesn't mean much to me, I might take Ceri's advice next time I move and delay getting a new licence until I actually have to. I almost didn't pass the eye exam. I tried reading the board twice before the lady let me use the machine. She said I was just barely legal. After my tests and money they gave me my old licence back cut up and said, "Here's is your temporary licence".




Last night I went to see Tosca by Giacomo Puccini at the Redlands Bowl. It was well done I thought. I couldn't understand most of it because it was in Italian and I didn't bother to get a libretto. The first act was interesting and had a lot of actors and action. By the second act I was eagerly anticipating the end. This was probably because there was less action in the second act and I still couln't understand the words. But the singing was very good. So after most of the second act being drawn out it ended abruptly and with a bang. Mario was supposed to be only fake killed by the fireing squad but it turns out he was for real killed. Tosca was so upset, and also in trouble for killing Scarpia (the cheif of police) that she threw herself off the roof of the building. The fireing squad used real muskets and gunpowder so that was exciting. I didn't think I would stay for the whole thing, but, it was a good opera, and what else was I going to do?



Not a very entertaining post so far. I've been thinking of writing something about Kansas versus science. Maybe it would be to late but it's still in the news. Maybe I'll do that today if I don't find anything else to do.

1 comments:

Valerie said...

what happend to the flowy hair?