05 August 2005

File sharing and money well spent

File sharing

I am going to finish my last post shortly. First, I have a general question. Does anyone know a way to post files and make them available on the blogger? Video or mp3 files for example.




Money well spent

I'ld like to share another thought while I am here. When one is poor, one must think about money quite a lot. Value, depreciation, and versitility of everything becomes an issue. Today, I am adding another thing to my short list of well spent money.

Here is my list.

1. Food has alwasy been first on my list. I have to eat and I might as well. If it comes down to gas or food. Food is a renewable resource and walking or riding my bike far more efficient in terms of energy expenditure. Walking/running = ~120 kcal/mile, biking = ~25kcal/mile, driving costs an incredible 660 - 3300 kcal/mile. (A statistic from Ken Kifer's Bike Pages. An addmitedly unscientific source, but you can do the calculations yourself if you want.)


2. Bicycle. For some of the same reasons listed above, ie. fuel efficiency and general health. But also, because I can buy a $30 part for a repair to a bicycle and it will run fine for a year or more. Thousands of miles. Try fixing anything on your car for $30.


And the new addition.

3. AAA. If you must drive. I don't know how many times I've called AAA but I'm sure they are keeping track. At least twice, recently, on trips to LAX. Locked keys in car, dead battery, dead car. With towing at $2/mile or a locksmith at probably more than $50, it's worth having that roadside insurance. To make it even more worth your money, use somebody elses money. I actually don't know how much it costs since I have been on my mom's plan for as long as I have been driving. Thanks ma.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a really cute girlfriend!