04 August 2005

Catching up

I am really behind now, but I'll start catching up. I don’t expect much will happen worth writing about now that I’m back in Loma Linda.
Maybe I'll become creative like my friends doing their own blogs.

I’ve been gone from LLU for most of the summer so far. That’s pretty much the way I like it.
I think the only reason I would call this place home is that it's shorter than "Daniels Residence
Complex at Loma Linda University.



So, where should I start? There was the other half my trip to Washington that I was going to finish.




More Washington

I’ll just share some photos real quick.


There were these sea flakes on the beach. Crunchy but not like corn flakes.



Me and Bradley fought like crabs to decide you got to lay in the sea flakes.





The next day we went to the Tillamook Cheese factory, which was really cool but I don’t have any pictures. Then we had some time so we stopped at a windy part of the beach.




We went back to Vancouver and my Aunt Tina came to visit.



Then Ceri left on Friday and that was sad. I didn't know it yet but I would
see her again pretty soon.




[I have a limit to how many photos I can upload per month so we’ll see how many you get to see]



On my drive home the moon was gigantic over Mount Shasta.




It doesn’t look like it in the picture but I read about it in the news when I got back to school. click here




Oh, yeah! Another thing I saw on the way back to Loma Linda was big trees. These things are seriously large










Loma Linda


Ok, so I was back in Loma Linda for like two seconds. I had to move into my
dorm room.
Which is ok for a dorm. Then I went to Oceanside and Camp Pendleton for a week to work for
Ecorp. Have I mentioned Ecorp before? I like it. I feel like they treat me well.



Unfortunately, I got my camera in the water while fishing with Ecorp. It never recovered so there are going to be a couple weeks without pictures.



I came back to Loma Linda and realized I didn't have any work for another three weeks and almost everyone was gone.
Alex had just bought a ticket to leave on Monday. So I bought one too, for Ohio.



Ohio


I flew into Columbus on the 4th of July. I thought I would be able to see some fireworks from the air,
but there really weren't very many going off. Ceri have packed a picnic but we couldn't find any fireworks to watch,
so we found a dock on a river and ate there in the dark. We ate cherries and spit
the pits into the water. Frogs were croaking
around us. It as really nice.



The first week I was in Ohio Ceri had painting class. That took most of the day so while she was painting I
formatted my computer. It runs much faster now.
In the evenings we ate and watched movies. We watched kind of a lot of movies.






Sometimes we went to the coffee shop or library and worked. Ceri did center stuff and I did parrot stuff.




Her painting looks really good. I went up to the studio to check it out while she was in the process and
I think it is one of the better paintings that was in the room.



On the next Monday, Bill (my professor recently back from the Bahamas) called to find out where I was at.
When he found out I was in Ohio he thought that was close enough to Washington DC that I might as well hop on over there.
So, that week I spent a lot of time getting tools and measuring equipment together. And figuring out travel plans.
And I bought a camera.
Ceri was awesome about the whole thing. She was really supportive letting me use her car and coming with
even though she really didn't want to go.



The day before we left for Washington and New York we went to church in Toledo, drove to Michigan on accident,
and ate at a really good Indian restaurant.


I really like the church building and location.
You can get distracted by the green outside.



This is the Tandoor on Reynolds Road in Toledo.





Another Washinton

This one is on the other end of the country. There's not really much to say about here. But I thought it deserved a bar and a bold heading.

Bill's parents were really nice and let us stay with them in their house north of Washington.
We would take the commuter bus in and out of downtown. It's really the best way to go. It dropped us off
one block from the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. Ceri went to the art galleries while I was working with the parrots.
You may have already read about it in her posts on the
18th and
19th of July.



Ok, I'm tired and I have to stop for now. I'll
finish this tomorrow or this weekend for sure but this hold you over until then.

3 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Wow! Impressive catch-up!

Until you fix the link for the moon article, it's:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4123228.stm

bryant said...

Thanks, It's fixed now.

Anonymous said...

i can see why blogging takes you such a long time. that's a lot of info to catch up on. i know it would take me forever. that's what keeps me from writing sometimes if it's been a while. starting in the present moment is so much easier. it's good to hear what you've been up to, though, and i like the photos. that church with the huge windows was awesome.