12 February 2006

More of Christmas

More Christmas pictures.


After Christmas in Vancouver we drove down HWY 1 through San Fransisco and Stanford. It was pouring rain all the way from Vancouver to SF. The drive along the California coast was terrible because it was dark and the road was not strait.













We stopped in Santa Rosa for a night and it was still raining the nest day. Someplaces were rationing water because the rivers were too turbid to filter.














On Thursday we had a nice Christmas with the Myers. April and Chris were back from their honeymoon to Mexico and had many stories about the ship.


I've learned that it's ok to buy cloths at the GAP if they are made in Cambodia.



















Saturday we went to church and then the museums in LA. First we went to the LA County Natural History Museum where I really wanted to see Jared Diamond's exhibit Collapse. It was good but I was kind of disappointed by how simple it was.


We also saw rocks and some cool bugs there.











Then we went to LACMA for art.






These were neat. I tend to like the 3D art but Ceri doesn't care for it as much as the flat art. The Japanese paintings were really cool though.


















On Sunday, Ceri and I went climbing in Joshua Tree. We decided to take the back way out on the Geology Tour. It got dark on us but the road wasn't terrible. Towards the end we met a couple in an Acura that need a boost of confidence to drive over a washed out road. Who knew Acura made an SUV? I was actually really impressed that they made it that far. There were some tight spots in the canyon and their car was quite a bit bigger then Harriet, our jeep. We lead the way and they were so happy when we got back to the road. We were happy too because we were way late for supper.













The next day I spent about 17 hours working on my poster for the Bahamas. It was so stressful and I am thankful for Ceri's support that day. I also had to pack for three weeks of field work, go to class and print the poster.


Ok, I am working on an actual post about the Bahamas. Maybe it will be done by next weekend.

0 comments: