11 April 2006

"Sometimes you do take your life in your hands going certain places and it's very unpredictable, but that's thrill of it, the excitement of it all."

Ceri has been told that San Bernardino is at the top of her list for places to move to. She may have some statistics on her side as far as weather goes but overall it's not that great. I had to take the test for myself to see what kind of misleading questions could possibly suggest that anyone would want to live in San Bernardino. Maybe they don't know there aren't any orange groves here any more.

My results were a bit surprising. I never really thought of myself as an easterner before, but 9 of my top 24 cities are in New England. Perhaps that wouldn't be so bad considering the universal health care plan proposed for Massachusetts. I would qualify for free insurance because I'm am so poor I can't afford to pay attention. Actually, I'm poor enough that they doubled my tax return. Sweet!
Also, 11 of my cities were in common with Ceri's cities including my top 5, meaning it's not completely hopeless for us to live in the same city. I had completely expected to have no cities in common with her. I kind of think their database of cities is small enough that some of them have to overlap just because we both chose living by a university as a requirement.

Here are my cities. Try it for yourself and see if you are living where these people think you should be living.

1. Hartford, Connecticut
2. Sheboygan, Wisconsin
3. Eugene, Oregon
4. Danbury, Connecticut
5. Corvallis, Oregon
6. Providence, Rhode Island
7. Johnson, Vermont
8. Portland, Oregon
9. Medford, Oregon
10. Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
11. Brattleboro, Vermont
12. Albuquerque, New Mexico
13. Salem, Oregon
14. New Haven, Connecticut
15. Worcester, Massachusetts
16. Charleston, West Virginia
17. Reno, Nevada
18. Eau Claire, Wisconsin
19. Oshkosh-Appleton/Neenah, Wisconsin
20. La Crosse, Wisconsin
21. Fayetteville, Arkansas
22. Elkins, West Virginia
23. Little Rock, Arkansas
24. Middlebury, Vermont

1 comments:

Ellen said...

i wonder if anonymous is talking about a place where you live now, or a one of your top-ranked places to live?