28 February 2007

Today I joined the prestigious ranks of the aging, over-educated delivery drivers. If you have a hankering for a sandwich, and you live in dinky town, just give me a call. Yes it is depressing. Especially since it won't pay enough to cover my bills, let alone pay down my enormous credit card and school loan debt, or even allow me to get my own apartment. It does have the potential to fit into my portfolio career as the semi-stable 15-20 hour per week position. Needless to say, I continue the job search. I still have hopes of finding a summer field position, even though I've been turned down at every consulting firm I know of in the Twin Cities Metro so far. Sometimes I think I made a mistake in going to grad school and other times I think I am just going to have to get my PhD. At least I get a free sandwich at the end of each shift. I hope they are good sandwiches.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Word!

I've found it possible to pay the bills if one flirts. With everyone. Tight shirts help too.

I figure I'm sorta using my psych 101, some anth, and a bit of religion (praying to all forms of higher powers I've studied in the hope of getting a tip).

Best of luck!

Unknown said...

And by the by, I'm ignoring the aging comment because it was prefaced by "prestigious", and only because of that.