26 March 2006

Springbreak 2006: The Wonder Wedding

I was super busy last quarter. I was working on assignments and papers and grant proposals and exams right up until Ceri arrived at nearly midnight on the 14th. All of that and trying to get my dad to come out and visit, which I was ultimately unsuccessful at, was very stressful and I got sick. These are all my excuses for not posting.

I will make it up to you starting right now. Here I will tell you about our trip from SoCal to Vancouver and back and about my Brother's wedding.

We left late on Wednesday after sleeping in, submitting my projects and finals, packing my cloths, running 3 miles, and getting some oranges and gas.

We drove north then west through the Mojave to Bakersfield, then north on 99 to meet 5. At about 11pm we decided to sleep in the jeep in Corning rather than drive an hour out of the way to camp in a state park. We had remembered seeing a cafe in Ashland that we had quite unfortunately passed by without stopping in December.

This is the Breadboard where we had breakfast in Ashland, OR.


I had a tasty veggie benedict and Ceri had the waffle with fresh fruit. The coffee was excellent and the potatoes were good.






We made it to my Mom's house in Vancouver on Thursday afternoon.

Here is Bradley making chocolate truffles. The truffles were fantastic. I think he should try to sell them online. Or at least send them as Christmas presents.





He made 4oo truffles because he didn't know how many people would show up for the wedding.












We spent a lot of time wrapping the truffles.

I think the TV looks like it's made of cardboard.










On Friday we explored Portland with Eddy. This pictures looks towards downtown from Mt Tabor park.










We also stumbled upon Joseph Wood Hill Park. It was exciting for all of us to discover the park at the same time. It might be the best place to get a 360 degree view of the Portland area including Mt St Helens and Mt Hood.










Tammy and Carissa showed up Friday night with two giant dogs that each weigh 150 pounds.



They turned out to be pansies though.


I saw Caly smack one on the nose.



It ran away whimpering and then Mr. Benofrin chased them both into the bedroom.



Saturday morning Ceri ran 6 miles in Washington.

I was still sick so I drove around taking pictures like the paparazzi and listened to NPR.









We all ate at Sunny's parents house for lunch on Saturday.


















------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blogger is giving my trouble and won't let me save a draft. So I'll get to the pictures of the wedding later.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Eggs Benedict with spinach instead of the Canadian bacon is Eggs Lorraine. I think the dogs are beautiful. What are their names?

bryant said...

Well, the menu said veggie benedict. It was really good whatever you call it.

One of the dogs is called Titus and I don't remember what the other ones is called. They are cool dogs.

CëRïSë said...

The other dog was Frodo. They were HUGE!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.altmedschool.com/]institute of alternative medicine India[/url]
[url=http://altmededu.com/]alternative medicine distance learning[/url]
[url=http://altmedschool.com/]online alternative medicine courses[/url]
[url=http://www.altmedschool.com/]complementary and alternative medicine degree[/url]