04 March 2006

Orange and Chocolate

First, I want to apologize to all the pedants for my misspellings and bad formatting. I'm sure reading that last post was excruciating. I generally publish a new post and then go back and edit. But the user interface in blogger got all screwed up in my browser after I posted and I didn't want to deal with it.


This morning I made some chocolate chip and orange juice muffins. I thought it would be a good idea because I like chocolate with orange flavor in it. I called Ceri to tell her and she was very dismayed. Actually, I think they taste ok. Once they cooled down they lost their warm orange juice taste. So they weren't as good as orange-chocolate bars but I think there is room for improvement. I've decided to go ahead and eat them despite Ceri's objections.

I think she will be happy to know however, that I decided not to buy a gallon of milk with my dollar off coupon after watching her PeTA propaganda.

4 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Okay, I'll admit that they look okay in that picture--although you didn't mention in the post that they are made from bran muffin mix.

And I am happy that you didn't buy the milk. I watched that clip when Laura posted it, and it made me want to go completely vegan (though I haven't yet...).

Karen said...

Oh Bryant I miss your crazy cooking! I love your versions of indian food, the corn cake, and ellen's favorite too: the canned corn kernnels, mayo, and portabello sandwich.

Ellen said...

"vegans are just annoying."

--Dimitri, "The Daily Show" trendspotter

Jeff said...

Mad Chef, the food stuffs are looking fine to me. But, uh, canned corn kernnels?

I have a request for you since you have tons of free time. You are an informed scientist, so I could really use your feedback on this post: http://packlight.blogspot.com/2006/03/homework-evolution-creation.html. I, on the other hand, studied psychology and business, so I am not an informed scientist.

One person has e-mailed me and suggested more detailed examples, but I'm already over the word limit (only 300 words).

What is your reaction?