23 December 2004

Desert Hot Springs

I made it to California and have been staying at Ceri’s parent’s house while registering for school and finding an apartment. They have been really nice. Feeding me, doing my laundry, and giving me a place to stay, and keep my things. I found an apartment yesterday. It was a little more expensive than I would like but about what I expected to pay.

I feel a little better now that I have all that figured out, or mostly figured out. This afternoon me and Ceri, and possibly Joel (ceri’s brother) and Lee (ceri’s dad) are going to go to Joshua Tree National Park for some rock climbing. Ceri forgot her shoes so we are going to have to find a place to rent in the Village of Joshua Tree. We are going to stay there overnight and climb a little tomorrow as well.

This Saturday is Christmas and Lee wants to find a church in Loma Linda with a Christmas program. After church we will return to DHS to open gifts and have a Christmas dinner which I am told will be gigantic and include a dish called “bear meat” (vegetarian).

Ceri and I are planning to stay up all night since I have to make it to the airport ~4am Sunday for my ~6am flight to Spain. I will be returning to California on the 2nd of January and starting classes on Monday morning, when I will need to add two classes with my professors and advisors signatures.

Merry Christmas, peace and good cheer to all of you.

Bryant

Desert Hot Springs, CA, USA

0 comments: