24 June 2005

Trip to Portland

Hello people,


Ceri has started her own blog and has been doing a lot better job than me. I added a link to her page on the right there so you can see it.


I'm going to start with some pictures from my most recent trip. First I had to get Bradley and Sunny from the airport. It was a six hours to get from Loma Linda to LAX and back. That includes waiting for two hours for Bradley and Sunny to come out of the airport.











So I guess this is what happens to you when you live in Spain for 9 months.

Bradley and Sunny flew to LAX and I was to take them to Vancouver, WA. In addition to Bradley and Sunny I took all of my stuff because I moved out of my apartment. They were good and helped me pack and clean.
It took us about 25 hours to drive from Loma Linda to Vancouver. This was because the trailer would sway back and forth if we drove faster than 50mph.











On the drive I finished my assignments for class and emailed them when I got to Vancouver. I spent a couple hours with my mom and then drove to Walla Walla to see Ceri.






Ceri and Deanna

It was April's graduation and there were a lot of Ceri's family and friends there. You can see a picture of that on Ceri's blog.
On Monday we met Bradley and Ma at Multnoma Falls. Later that day we got some ice cream with Ceri's friend Deanna. It was some good ice cream too.










Ma got a lot of ice cream for just herself but Bradley helped her finish it Bradley and Sunny still looking goofy



















































On Tuesday we went to Smith Rock State Park in central Oregon. We should have gotten up earlier because we didn't start climbing until about 2:30pm. I definately want to go back sometime to finish Wherever I May Roam. It's 5 pitches and we only made it to the top of the second pitch before evening.








   
Bradley is on the second pitch here. It's a 5.10














































Ceri at Smith Rock



Smith Rock is a really cool place to climb. There are a lot of bolted routes for those who are to poor to buy trad. They paths are very well maintained with stairs to the routes and leveled off areas for the belayers. Fences keep people away from the vegetation and on the path. I would recomend the park to climbers of any level.

Ceri's parents were staying at a resort near sisters and they came out to see the park while we were climbing. Unfortunately, Asterisk Pass to the other side were we were climbing when they arrived was more difficult than I had anticipated and they weren't able to see any of us climbing. I was impressed with my Ma for going over the pass which I would call a 5.2 or 5.3. Bradley set a an anchor and top roped her.

That evening we ate spaghetti which the Myer's were generous to offer. We camped at on a lake near Big Lake Youth Camp where Ceri worked for two summers.














Big Lake This was Ceri's cabin





















































On Wednesday morning we visited Big Lake.

Then we went to the coast south of Lincoln City. We met my Aunt Lettie at the aquarium in Newport.








   
 





















Ceri's grandmother has a trailer close to the beach in close to Lincoln City and we were able to stay there for a night.

2 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Girlfriends??

bryant said...

Only you baby.